.308 mods....pics

G

I finally finished one of my rifles that I've been slowly working on for the last couple of years. The latest additions are the Jewell trigger, Williams Bottom Metal with Tactical Latch, and the Birdsong Black and Green "T" finish. Also Celt's bolt mod, Badger Bolt Knob and 20 MOA Rail and NightForce NXS 3.5-15x50. Rattlecan paint on the A3 turned out pretty good, but I'm not sure I'm satisfied yet...........
DSC01553.JPG

DSC01550.JPG

DSC01552.JPG

[ 08-09-2003: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

Very unique rig, do you do interior decorating
wink.gif
- I like the paint job, bet you get a few questions at the range when you set that puppy up.

Could you explain what the modification is that Celt does? Also interested to know what barrel you are using and what kind of accuracy you are getting.

I have the same scope on my ROCK. Great hunting scope in my opinion.

Ian,
We do a mod very similar to Celt's except I use two screws and he uses three. Basically they go on a Remmy bolt handle to strengthen the solder joint. Check it out on the hide rifle over at snipershide.
Chris

Chris

Don't every post pictures like this again!! I'm thinking I gotta have one and I don't know what caliber or cartridge.....
mad.gif
(I have 223 Rem, 243 Rem, 6.5x284, 308 Win (doesn't everyone), 338 Lapua...I believe I see an opening... 300 RUM or 300 Win Mag.)

P. S. I don't want the big bolt handle mod...had one on a test rifle and couldn't mount a gee whiz $50,000.00 thermal sight and cycle the bolt...had to use a backup rifle with non-mod bolt handle.

CJ,

Nice work...

scope looks familiar....

I like the contrast on the stock and barrel... Now only if that thing would shoot as good as mine...
grin.gif
wink.gif

168 Nolser J4 competitions.. and varget baby!

sweet rifle CJ

Sorry Dave, wasn't trying to open your wallet...
grin.gif
wink.gif

Ric--the scope should look familiar
wink.gif
, but I have three of them now. I traded into two more after I got yours. I won't torture Dave by posting pics of the .300 RUM Nighthawk--unless he asks me to...
rolleyes.gif
Hey Dave--I'll let you shoot a few deer with it if you take me mith you!!
After getting the "ammo accountant" job at work, I get access to free Federal GMM, so reloading for the .308 has been put on hold indefinitely. I'm getting groups in the .3" range with the GMM, so I dont waste my time handloading. I have enough to do loading .257 DGR, .300 Tommy, .300 RUM, .338 RUM and .223.......

[ 08-10-2003: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

Chris that's a piece of beautiful work! It wont hurt you to show Dave those pictures of the Nighthawk,But it will add to his collection
grin.gif

Dave sorry to hear you had problems with that big bolt handle but hey with a thermal image scope should should have been able to sneak up on them and use a .45
wink.gif

Ric was that the Nighthawk you just had gotten? If so what did you replace it with?

Texas,

Yup.. it was... I'm not a real big guy and for as much shooting as I do.. I just pounded me.. even with the break. It isn't all that heavy .. only about 12 lbs scope and all.
I loved the gun but just really didn't fit into my style. I don't have anyone to hunt big game with the way LR guys really should. SO I limit myself to about 750ish. On the PD's you really can make a good go of it by yourself out to 1500 or so...

Cj and I have become pretty good frineds and we made a real good deal together and he is a little bit bigger than I.. ( maybe not taller ;-) )

I replaced it with a 243 AI, a 22-250 built for the 80 gr bullets and a 6mm AI with a 30" Kreiger for deer to 800.

I am working on a 6.5 WSM with Chris from GA Precision.

believe me I hated to see it go... but I know it is in good hands. CJ visits here enough that if I needed it.. I know I could get it for a hunt or 2.

Celt and Chris,
Thanks for the info,. I think it's a shame that mod has to be done in the first place. No doubt gives the owner confidence knowing that his bolt handle won't come off. Personally I have never seen a Rem bolt come apart, have only seen extractors go to hell.

Guess that makes all the more work for you folks.

Celt and Chris,
Thanks for the info,. I think it's a shame that mod has to be done in the first place. No doubt gives the owner confidence knowing that his bolt handle won't come off. Personally I have never seen a Rem bolt come apart, have only seen extractors go to hell.

Guess that makes all the more work for you folks.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts