308 load question

hubee_7j

ok heres the deal...im shootin a 168 grain a max with 44 grains of varget with a col of 2.8 and a cci br primer. im shootin a rem 700 sps v with stock barrel has a 10.5 twist and is about 25.5 inches long.Since i dnt have a chrony yet i was curious if anyone knew what this load combos speed would be ,or a free web site that may have something where i can plug this info in and get pretty close i wanna have somethin i can plug in my ballistics program on my i phone and play with .thanks in advance!

Every gun is different, but if I were to guess I would say it should be around 2700fps. This should get you preaty close. You can plug that in and see what the balistics tell you. I thought the rem sps var has a 1-12 twist 26in barrel.

I used a cleaning rod and checked it I came up with 10 3/4 the first time and about 10 1/2 the second time and the barrel measued 25 1/2 or so to the action but thanks for the info!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.