308 load development?

Before switching from other bullets to Hammers, it is recommended that you clean all prior residue out of your barrel first, before starting Hammer load development.
This has been found to help in load development per the manufacturer.

Once you have your load developed (usually 20 rounds or less), follow whatever cleaning regimen suits you and your rifle.

It is but when switching to Hammer Bullets a clean barrel in imperative

Before switching from other bullets to Hammers, it is recommended that you clean all prior residue out of your barrel first, before starting Hammer load development.
This has been found to help in load development per the manufacturer.

Once you have your load developed (usually 20 rounds or less), follow whatever cleaning regimen suits you and your rifle.
+100

I have found this to be the case more often then not between manufacturers.

Same bullet different powders, not so much. Jacket material yes.

That's good to know. I haven't used Hammer bullets but I have a good friend that just bought some. Why is a clean barrel so important with these bullets over a Berger for example
So you can get as much speed out of them as possible and these Bullets hardly copper foul at all if you start with a clean tube

Well little up date I shot 41-42 of h4895 for speeds and pressure. 41.8 and 42 are too hot. So I made 41g and 40g up for grouping and we will see what happens. 41g was about 2717. These were shot .020 of the lands.

Well I don't know what to think I'm getting pressure signs at these two charges that I shot. The better group was 41g and the other was 40g.

Attachments

• FBD38AAC-2DA7-4B57-9DE0-4DA638F1DB4D.jpeg
    FBD38AAC-2DA7-4B57-9DE0-4DA638F1DB4D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
  • DA4CA639-11C0-42F7-A91C-F8ECEB25EE04.jpeg
    DA4CA639-11C0-42F7-A91C-F8ECEB25EE04.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
I talked to Steve he thinks seating deeper to because I'm getting pressure signs at starting loads but getting bigger charges velocities