308 Load Development?

Agreed completely. I was just out with my 30-06 yesterday in 80 degree weather. I use RL22 in it with 180s and couldn't be more happy. Sure it loses a bit of velocity in zero degree weather but it still is hitting where I know it will. I froze some ammo and shot it at 200, still sub 1 inch.

I tried RL16 in this rifle early on, it wasn't as consistent on the target. H4350 was so-so. I'll trade accuracy across the board for temp stability and mediocre accuracy any day.

I shoot a 42 grain charge of Varget under a 168 ELD-M in both my .308s. One of them has a 20" barrel and one has a 24" barrrel. I've also had great luck with a 42 grain charge of IMR 4895 with the 168 Sierra Gameking in the 24" Savage. I'll bet RL-15 would work well too!

After talking with folks that were shooting the M118 LR in the desert, I kind of steered away from RL15. I may have to give it a go. CFE is working pretty well, but that stuff makes a mess on the bench...

I load the 165 game king with RL15 for my brothers stock remington vtr and it shoots amazing, usually stack them in one ragged hole if he does his part

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.