.308 load development question

Leave the chrony out of the mix for now. I'd fool around with seating depth on one of the loads that gives you the best group. I have 9 centerfire rifles 7 different calibers. All but one likes the seating depth at .020 off the lands. The one that doesn't care is a Sig 970SHR which seems to shoot the same bug hole no matter where I seated the bullet. Also, those 8 rifles all like to be dirty. and the Sig doesn't care if its bore is shiny clean or grimy grungy. I've settled on Nosler ABLR's, they've been performing well for me.
By the way what year was your Remington manufactured? They were having QC issues there for a while.

I bought mistakenly some 225 ELD,I can not find any load data just for 200 gr.cany suggestions?

Take a look here:

That's a fine example if where I'd like to end up. I'm not looking at my notes but if I remember right, 20 thou off the lands puts me just longer than mag length, so that isn't ideal for me. That's why I followed some earlier advice and loaded up several sets of ammo at 10 thou shorter intervals starting at mag length. Hope it works. I'll find out next week.
My 5R .308 loves 4064 and the 168MK's. I began my load testing looking for accuracy first. In my experience with this rifle and bullet, I found a sweet spot- a wide 43.0-44.0grs of 4064. The best consistent load right at 44gr. I'm using Peterson brass- It's a little crunchy when seating the bullet, lol.

So being the geek that I can sometimes be, I've been doing a torture test on the Peterson brass. Same lot of 4064, same lot of old federal primers, same lot MK's, same 12 pieces of brass. Every time I go to the range I've got those loaded. Resize every time, anneal after 3 shots... The most interesting thing I've found? After 10 reloads on the same brass my SD/ES has improved. Not by much but I'm at 10es and SD of 6.86. Those numbers are based on a 10-12 shot string too. Not that I really care so much about it but I was tracking it. It's a 500yd round IMO.

Also I did get tighter groups when I loaded .010 from lands, but I installed a Wyatts box, so I load to box length now. It's still a sub-moa shooter, but not bug holes. And frankly steel at 400-500 yds rings with repeatability.

Hope you find the load that works for you. I don't stress over it- I just keep loading 44gr 4064 and I haven't moved my seating die one iota. It shoots great.

That's a fine example if where I'd like to end up. I'm not looking at my notes but if I remember right, 20 thou off the lands puts me just longer than mag length, so that isn't ideal for me. That's why I followed some earlier advice and loaded up several sets of ammo at 10 thou shorter intervals starting at mag length. Hope it works. I'll find out next week.
I have a reloading press that I mounted on a board and it clamps to my tailgate. I saw a guy with one mounted in his trailer hitch on his car. I load longer OAL at the bench at home and seat bullets deeper (off the lands) while at the range. I can improve on a node quickly that way. All I have on the press is a bullet seater die with a micrometer adjustment and I also bring a collet puller die just in case. And a dial micrometer to measure and record when I am successful.

just loaded some more of that charge and seated the bullets 10 thou deeper for 5 loads totaling 50 thou range of seating depth. just have to wait to shoot till next week.
I always started by searching a common distance to the lands for particular bullets or even the manufactures recommendations. This has worked well for me...

Erik Cortina says that seating depth nodes are .003-.006 and that .010 adjustments will miss the nodes. I guess it will depend on how much development you are willing to put in...

Best of luck!
HW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRXlCG9YZbQ&t=10s

Cases getting stuck in chamber of a 308 Savage 110 Tactical 24''.Reloaded some 150gr.Hornady FMJ/BT. Used BL/C2 POWDER ,started load at 2 gr. less than max. Hornady brass trimmed full length sized. Everything to the Tee. Did notice the primer was flat .signs of over pressure. Should I work my loads down further? Or use 4064 or CFE 223 POWDER.

Cases getting stuck in chamber of a 308 Savage 110 Tactical 24''.Reloaded some 150gr.Hornady FMJ/BT. Used BL/C2 POWDER ,started load at 2 gr. less than max. Hornady brass trimmed full length sized. Everything to the Tee. Did notice the primer was flat .signs of over pressure. Should I work my loads down further? Or use 4064 or CFE 223 POWDER.
You're better off to make a new thread. More people will see it

I just built a new 308 on a savage action. My gunsmith had a 300 RUM diamond fluted Krieger barrel (1-10 twist) that he never used so I had it cut to 24 inches and chambered in 308 with a blended 4 port muzzle brake. The first 6 rounds took 2 shots to adjust the scope and the next 4 went .27moa. 2750 with Varget and a 178 ELDM. I used PP2000MR yesterday and shot 2800FPS with a es of 4 and the same .25moa 4 shot group. Lapua brass shows a little pressure with the 48 grains of PP2000MR but no pressure signs with 44.8 grains of Varget.

I will bring the Varget load up to 45 grains and the PP2000MR load down to 47.5 and I suspect it will settle in at around 2770-2780FPS with the 210 primers. Going to try CCI 200 primers with the PP2000MR powder.

I just built a new 308 on a savage action. My gunsmith had a 300 RUM diamond fluted Krieger barrel (1-10 twist) that he never used so I had it cut to 24 inches and chambered in 308 with a blended 4 port muzzle brake. The first 6 rounds took 2 shots to adjust the scope and the next 4 went .27moa. 2750 with Varget and a 178 ELDM. I used PP2000MR yesterday and shot 2800FPS with a es of 4 and the same .25moa 4 shot group. Lapua brass shows a little pressure with the 48 grains of PP2000MR but no pressure signs with 44.8 grains of Varget.

I will bring the Varget load up to 45 grains and the PP2000MR load down to 47.5 and I suspect it will settle in at around 2770-2780FPS with the 210 primers. Going to try CCI 200 primers with the PP2000MR powder.
Is that Varget load compressed?

No sir....Lapua brass and no compression. I have tried 45 grains but no speed gain so the node is right around the 44.8 with this rifle.
Thank you sir. I'm currently trying to work up a load for mine with the 168 Amax. What kind of jump did you seat those at out of curiosity.

My 178 ELDM runs 20 thousandths off the lands. I went down to 10 off the lands but 20 seemed to be the sweet spot. I had this barrel throated for the 178 ELDM.