308 Gas Gun reloads

abinok

Im putting together a load for a friend's SR-25, essentially a AR-10 and a bit more, and im looking at IMR 4064 and 175SMKs as Federal Gold medal 175s shot pretty well today. Im looking for some suggestions on primer choices, and other powders if anybody has had good results.
Anybody?

Thanks charles, I posted over at artactical... hopefully ill get some more input.
My initial thought was the 210, or 210M, but ive read and heard that in some service rifle circles the 210 is frowned upon due to a higher sensativity to slamfires. I know that Federal refutes this claim, but when youre loading for someone elses rifle, I like to be able to present a good argument for the componets chosen. Obviously, federal uses their own primers for their own loads...
Just need some input on primer compatability... I don't load powder this fast very often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ive heard 210, and the cci BR2 so far... anybody else?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.