308 Fly swatter

Ckgworks

I have never had everything line up like this in the past.......
I picked up a Hawke Frontier scope to try out on a Midway sale so I mounted it up on a heavy .308 rifle that I have tremendous confidence in and would give me a solid base line to compare against. I had just zeroed it in at 100 yds, and was shooting a final group when a fly landed right near the top of the target I was shooting on......of course my nerves got the best of me after seeing the splat and I dropped the forth shot out of the group, but managed to pull the 5th back in.

Sadly there wasn't much left for the taxidermist......
20220618_181159.jpg

I have never had everything line up like this in the past.......
I picked up a Hawke Frontier scope to try out on a Midway sale so I mounted it up on a heavy .308 rifle that I have tremendous confidence in and would give me a solid base line to compare against. I had just zeroed it in at 100 yds, and was shooting a final group when a fly landed right near the top of the target I was shooting on......of course my nerves got the best of me after seeing the splat and I dropped the forth shot out of the group, but managed to pull the 5th back in.

Sadly there wasn't much left for the taxidermist......
View attachment 372932
My local gun dealer is selling a lot of those scopes. I haven't bought on yet but he says all his customers love them

My local gun dealer is selling a lot of those scopes. I haven't bought on yet but he says all his customers love them

I read a few reviews and decided to try it....it seems I'm always lacking scopes and can't afford to always buy what I want. I won a Hawke Indurance spotting scope and was actually fairly impressed with the glass so I figured it was worth the risk. The only testing I did so far was spinning turrets up, down, sideways a bunch of times before returning to zero and it passed.....next shot went back into the previous group so, so far so good!

The other reason for me being fired up is the rifle is the first rifle put together on my lathe I bought......the Barrel is full diameter because the thought was it could be rechambered many times for practice, but after shooting it I don't dare touch it. 😆
I guess I live in the better to be lucky than good world.