.308 build

+1 on having an experienced guy look it over. Most heavy barreled 308s will shoot 125-178 without an issue. Best of luck. Nice rig

I have a Carbon Six on my 308. I don't think I would do another. Most finicky barrel I have ever tried to find a load for.
OK wasn't even going to respond to this post cause I know there are probably shooters that love carbonsix barrels so by proxy McGowen barrels. But experience is the best teacher and I have had some experience with McGowen barrel blanks and they both have left a bad taste in my mouth. McGowen makes the blanks for carbonsix and its those same blanks that I have had a problem with. Got two that have been chambered and crowned by my gunsmith who is very good at his job (all he builds are accuracy guns). They are both finicky to the max as well as only so accurate with my best loads, I can shoot tight groups if my gun will shoot tight groups, and neither seem capable of extreme accuracy. Maybe one but two? Chambers are straight and crowns are perfect, headspace is perfect as well, both actions with other barrels shot two's and three's, modified guns with the best parts, bedding, pillars, trued actions, CF stocks and while at 1 MOA very ho hum accuracy to me at best.

You couldn't give me another, lesson learned and learned well. I don't pound on a company on a whim, but I tell the truth when relating my experiences with a product and that's a fact. I love my LW and Criterion barrels, would give Shilen a try as well, heck I got three savage heavy barrel's that while tougher to clean also shoot bughole's.......... credit where credit is due.

I think there are better choices on triggers.
I have very poor luck with mine and zero support.
when I returned it it took months to get my money back.
timney ? lots of choices

Triggers as mentioned why go with that if you don't have a savage? I run 510's on most things they work. I will say the trigger tech will be the next one I buy. Timney has excellent service in the one time I had to use it. Prompt courteous and informativeas to why I had the issue. This was a user induced problem like most

I would have to agree on the trigger either timney, trigger tech or my favorite a jewell

Get a trigger tech primary or special, when you're ready for a new barrel give Bartlein a call and have long rifles ink spin it up for you. This should help you in you're barrel search.
I love The Everyday Sniper Podcast | The Everyday Sniper Episode 245: Frank Green of Bartlein Barrels, let's play it!
https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-fxiba-d84f61

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.