308 Baer

thanks for the link, but their site is pretty void of any real info about the round and its performance...i emailed them about it, but does anyone here have any info about one?
thanks
later
Dan

Dan

Emailing Bruce Baer is like buying a lottery ticket. Same odds of anything happening. I understand he is better about answering his phone. On a given match at Williamsport 1000 yds club, the two top gunsmiths in the number of guns they built are Bruce Baer and Mark King. Bruce is apparently in great demand.

I wanted to know the same stuff as you are asking, but it was not worth a long distance phone call to me.

He has one 338 on a chey-tac and one 338 on a 416 Imp case and that is all I know.

Bruce is a topnotch 1k smith and shooter. He builds some great LR guns. His 308 Baer really shines with 240s in the wind. It is the PA "windy day" go to round.

Bruce is not a computer person and normally does not "answer" his phone while working unless he knows you. However, he normally returns the calls at end of the day.

He also makes one of the absolute best laminated stocks and prices are great. His wife Gerry is in charge of that and can make any pattern or combo of patterns such a front off this on and butt of another.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.