308, 7mag,or 300win.mag need help deciding

As far as a forward angle brake, yes I use one and yes it works. I works rather well actually. It was a design used by a local smith who moved away a year or so ago. His wife passed away and he left in much of a hurry without leaving any contact info. I did send Mike at ABS barrels the dimensions of my brake and he built another one for me for my new barrel. You might give him a call and see what he can do for you. I will warn you though that if it will be used on a sporter weight barrel the brake must be larger than the barrel. What makes it effective is the surface area that the gasses pass through, too little and it wont be as effective. Otherwise on a varmint style weight or bigger, there is enough meat there to make her work. The best part about the brake is that it doenst give the shooter a headache and doesnt offend nearby shooters near as much as 90 degree brakes do. They arent as loud either. They WILL increase the noise on your end, just not that much.

Thanks Michael, was hoping you would reply. Will get the rifle and then determine if I can live with the recoil. If not, then I will have this brake done when I order a heavier weight barrel.

just bought a rem 700sps in a 308 BBL rifle and i threw on a 10X40X50mm Osprey 10 - 40x50 mm Long Range Tactical Scope, Matte Black with a harris bipod and a uncle mikes Neoprene Buttstock Shell Holders and a tactical sling i put about $1,000 in everything so i was wondering if i should throw on a .308 VORTEX FLASH HIDER threw brownells and what ammo should i use. I just can't wait to go and shoot the thing it's going to be great

best of luck

Charles H Mousseau JR gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.