.308 @ 600 yards help

Well this is a long shot but it can effect the over all. Have someone check to see if the bore is concentric to the barrel, it would and won't be the first or last barrel, if it is out; to slip by the inspectors. Just a thought.
Cheer's

Your correct 436 if the problem still exists then that would be the next thing to look at but should be able to tweak the crosshairs in the rings a little to compensate. My .308 barrel had a loop in it to my favor shooting upwards but my gunsmith caught it when he installed it. The only reason he caught it was that I wanted a brake on a prechambered barrel.

Your correct 436 if the problem still exists then that would be the next thing to look at but should be able to tweak the crosshairs in the rings a little to compensate. My .308 barrel had a loop in it to my favor shooting upwards but my gunsmith caught it when he installed it. The only reason he caught it was that I wanted a brake on a prechambered barrel.

Yep.. that's usually where it's found, when someone threads the barrel for a break or suppressor.

Don't be surprised when you find out they don't. There are little eccentricities in the milling of every receiver. Some will really surprise you how far off they are.

When mounting rails I knew were perfectly straight I've had them visibly bow requiring a good bit of work and devcon to get exactly right.

I've been using evolution gun works (egw) rails and have had extremely good luck with them so far... Think I now have 8. The only ones that I didn't buy are those that came with a picatinny rail... My tikka t3 tactical and both my dpms 223 & 308.

Not one of the EGWs have needed any kind if bedding so far... And I was expecting to have to do this. Did have one for my winchester 70 coyote lite 308 which the site had the wrong width for the screws... But they sorted it out like a champ for me. Impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.