.308 200 gr. Accubonds

Happens pretty much every year. I bet late September/October they are put out again. Nosler has almost a year cycle it seems on their bullet models.

I am pretty sure I've got an unopened box of 100 collecting dust. PM me if interested and I will dig them out.

I would caution anyone who used up their supply of 200 gr accubonds that they acquired several years ago, that a new bullet might be different than the one they used in the past.

This happened to me. Pet load with newer bullets was terrible. Went through rifle thinking it was scope, bedding, crown etc. Called Nosler and they said OH YEA WE CHANGED THE DESIGN OF THAT BULLET.

It has happened to me with Nosler THREE times and Barnes so many times I quit using Barnes bullets. FYI Sierra never changes their design if they do they will assign an different product number. Berger has changed very few of their bullets when they first came out. To be honest the only one I know of is the 338 cal 300 gr due to jacket distortion but to my knowledge once redesigned it never changed.

Thought I'd share.....

Thanks Laker. I was able to order them from Hyatts. I had found them at Southwest but couldnt get their website to work.
Troutslayer2, Thank you for the offer.
AZshooter, the ones i developed the load with were from this spring, so hopefully they are the same. I ordered enough so that i will need a new barrel before i need more bullets.

AZShooter -- thanks for the info. I bought a few hundred a few years ago so if I buy more now theyll probably be different.

Definitely good to know. Guess I will have to build a different load and get a different cds dial. Might just switch to the 200gr hornady eldx.

I am not saying they will ever change the 200 gr accubond again. Just that it happened to me with various bullets made by Nosler over the years, including the 200 accubond. That was a while back IIRC at least 8 yrs ago. If I ever were to run out of a Nosler in the future I ask.

Last edited:
I do have them but is box of 50, unopened. This is new old stock. I have had these from maybe 2008 or so. If you're desperate and these really are that hard to find I could send them to you first and you can pay me when they arrive.... As long as you are a reputable member of the forum. I would also trade this box for a pound of RL26
E843A676-92FB-4A4B-B070-C302B73CA979.jpeg
852042D3-202E-40B1-9C79-500E9880FD73.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.