.308" 185 Berger for Bear?

Trikstr

Shooting them in my 300WSM @ 2990 fps. I'm a little nervous about 300 yd and less performance. Don't think I'll be shooting much past 400 yds.
I've always been an entrance and exit hole advocate. I had a couple of bad experiances years ago when the Ballistic Tips first came out.
Don't think I can go heavier as my twist rate is 1:12.
150 TSX's and 150/165 Fail safes have shot well in this rifle.
Any and all advice appreciated!

I know a guy that shot one this morning with a 190 Berger from his 300 Win at 60 yards and crumpled him. I've shot two elk with the 185's out of my WSM and both dropped right where they stood.

The Nos N/P ha been around for several years and has done a great job.
Hunted bears for years with that bullet and have never had a problem hunted over bait and
with hounds as well as a few still kills and all with a 06 and the 165gr n/p bullet.
With your 300 you can shppt the 180 or 200 gr very well and put a animal down with no problem.....
Lots of luck .......02

I wouldn't be nervous with 300win mag and 180gr P/T within 200 yds against any brown or polar. Of course, my licensed guide will be beside me lol.:D If the Berger will hold up and expand well, then I see no problem either.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.