300wsm

Sherm

I have a Christensen Arms 300 WSM and I am trying to get any information I can on loading the 175 grain Barnes LRX bullet. I have been shooting the Berger 175 VLD hunting bullet, but I would like to shoot something that does not tear up the meat as much as the Berger bullet.

As far as I know the Berger Hunting VLD has the old thinner jacket and the Target VLD has the new thicker jacket to allow it to be driven at higher velocities for long range target work to resist blowing up especially in cut rifled barrels .
I know that sounds strange but that is what I have read , I hope it's correct .
So try the VLD target bullet it should expand slower but still be accurate .
Sorry I don't have vast experience with any solid copper bullets I don't like them much .
I prefer something like a Hornady interbond or Nosler BT rather than X bullets for thin skinned game . Mainly because I get extra copper fouling and I have a feeling that they are hard on the bore but I have no proof of that . They certainly hold together and penertrate well that's for sure .

I have a Christensen Arms 300 WSM and I am trying to get any information I can on loading the 175 grain Barnes LRX bullet. I have been shooting the Berger 175 VLD hunting bullet, but I would like to shoot something that does not tear up the meat as much as the Berger bullet.

How close are you shooting the " insert your game animals name here" at?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.