300wsm

TOM H

Well just got the new 300WSM last Thrursday from the gunmsith. Win 70 action,McMillian stock, Kreiger CM #3 5r 1/11.25 twist finished 26" long should be a nice deer/elk rifle. I plan on shooting some 165gr Accubond and 168gr TSX then move up to 180gr bullets see how it does.

I used a Broughton 5c 1/12 twist 24" long barrel on my other 300WSM be interesting to see how the Kreiger does.

Is anyone else shooting one of those new Kreiger 5r barrels?

You just decribed the veary rifle Kevin Cram is mailing back to me. Please post pics

Pictures are going to have wait camera out of town won't be back till the 19th. I'm heading out to the range this morning going to try R-17. Good luck with your rifle.

Congratulations on the new rig. We look forward to seeing the pics on the 19th.

Congrats!! Why the 11 1/4 twist vs a 10 twist? Sounds like a bitchen rifle!
I cant wait to get enough $ scraped togather to build one of my Model-70's. Ive been planning on re-doing my Model-70, 300wby. But I own a 270wsm, and like it so much that I want a 300wsm instead of the 300wby. I love those short fat little beltless cartriges. Maybe I need both:D.
Keep us informed on the performance. I cant wait to see some groups and critters.

Congrats!! Why the 11 1/4 twist vs a 10 twist? Sounds like a bitchen rifle!
I cant wait to get enough $ scraped togather to build one of my Model-70's. Ive been planning on re-doing my Model-70, 300wby. But I own a 270wsm, and like it so much that I want a 300wsm instead of the 300wby. I love those short fat little beltless cartriges. Maybe I need both:D.
Keep us informed on the performance. I cant wait to see some groups and critters.

I got hooked on the 1/11 twist barrels back in the early 80's here a clip on the Kreiger 5r
rifling Daily Bulletin

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.