300WSM????????

..hunting or benchrest shooting ?? There's a huge difference, the only thing they share is "bang"...I've never seen any caliber of short mags that wouldn't shoot H-4350 well. In the world of hunting your target is a volleyball to a beachball and a little bigger. Crown, scope, mounts, stock should be checked..

..hunting or benchrest shooting ?? There's a huge difference, the only thing they share is "bang"...I've never seen any caliber of short mags that wouldn't shoot H-4350 well. In the world of hunting your target is a volleyball to a beachball and a little bigger. Crown, scope, mounts, stock should be checked..
He hunts with it, but all his life(and it's my fault) coming up
he's seen me call junk on one that won't shoot at least an inch@100. He's got some of Tubb's bullets to clean the bore, gonna let him try it..........Then say I told ya it's the bbl. His brother listens to the old man. He one that's gotta see for himself......I have NO PROBLEM sayin "I told ya so"

He's a cheap skake, I buy good bbls for my stuff. For the money that's been put into all the stuff trying to get it to shoot, he could have bought a GOOD bbl.....Thanks for the input........and to all you guys that have posted.

Ya know, I had a REM. 700, SPS, SS 300 WSM that I sold. I should be horse whipped for doing so. I took this rifle to Africa 3 different trips to anchor 18 plains game animals. I took this rifle to New Zealand to take 4 different animals. I took a good mountain goat here in MT with this rifle plus two elk. All with hand loaded 180 grain Accubonds. It shot these loads to sub 1" groups. The 300 WSM is a great cartridge. MTG

Ya know, I had a REM. 700, SPS, SS 300 WSM that I sold. I should be horse whipped for doing so. I took this rifle to Africa 3 different trips to anchor 18 plains game animals. I took this rifle to New Zealand to take 4 different animals. I took a good mountain goat here in MT with this rifle plus two elk. All with hand loaded 180 grain Accubonds. It shot these loads to sub 1" groups. The 300 WSM is a great cartridge. MTG
Yes, The B&C 700 was a shooter, and a good looking rifle
with the laminate stock they put on them......

I know the feeling, I sold my early model Ruger 44 Deerslayer
regret it EVERY day!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, He cleans very well after shooting, he's actually more
OCD than I am on cleaning....
Try stop cleaning barrel. A lot of barrels require good fouling to achieve decent accuracy. If varrel is being taken back to green state, could be part of problem.

I never had a 300WSM that didn't shoot well with RL17. The 124HH has shot well in every 300WSM that I saw use them. IMO requires good crimp as well. The 150PH, 150BT or 150AB all shot well and should be in this twist wheelhouse. I've had couple Shaw barrels that shot fine as well in .270 and 06.

I've seen crimp testing at 1/8 turn die increments starting for just touching and going in take groups from 2" plus to touching.
Worth a try but with all those components I would have that barrel off and back to the maker already regardless of who made it.
In todays world there is no reasonable expectation a barrel will shoot that poorly.