300wsm vs 7mm-08

Question I havnt seen yet is how do the two guns you already have shoot? If there moa guns then I don't see much reason to change, unless your just looking for another toy which I can completely understand. I will just expand a little in terms of what has been said about the reloading. If your guns are already moa or close they can only get better with handloads. One of the big benefits of reloading vs buying factory is being able to tailor the ammo specifically for your chamber. What I mean is you can seat the bullets to a specific length as to where your barrel likes, fireformed brass if sized correctly can help your accuracy to certain extents. It really can become ocd depending on how far you get into it. Reality is for 5-800 yards you don't need m.o.ticks-butt, however if your like a lot of guys on this forum that's just a stepping stone to that greener pasture one more drainage over and that accuracy becomes ever more so important. But that's a bridge to cross when you get there, just my .02

The guns both shoot fine to about 300 then the groups start getting bigger than I like. They are. Oth accurate enough that I wouldn't think twice about shooting a deer at 300 with them but past that I'm not taking the chance. Plus it gives me a new toy

In that case, personal choice would be .260 but that's not on your list, 7-08 would probably be next for deer <500, enjoyment of shooting, and cheaper to shoot. That being said at least locally for me there are better factory options for ammo in the wsm though considerably more expensive. I personally shoot the 300wsm and a .260, I like the wsm I love the .260.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.