300WSM / RL19 / Barnes Tipped TSX 180 gr.

Williamb

Starting to do load development for this combination in my Kimber 8400. Wondering if any of you have favorite loads using this combination.light bulb

Thanks

the difference in BC would be BFD to me.how they shot out of my gun and terminal performance would be my top considerations for selecting a bullet.

i recently tested some 168 ttxs bullets and was very impressed.first test was at 30 yds with a mixture of plywood and milk jugs. second was at 540 yds with only milk jugs lined up. wanted to see what they did at a little distance with a soft tissue hit. recovered bullets look identical. if i could post a picture of these bullets you couldn't tell which one was shot at what distance.

I'm confused . Asking about recommended loads with R19 / 300WSM and TTSX 180 gr bullets and I am getting reports and recommendations on other bullets and weights. Start your own thread.

Hopefully someone has used this combination and will share their experience. Someone must use this combination.:confused:

Thanks

Try this

Start 62.5 Max 69.5

COAL 2.850

I dont shoot a 300wsm but a 300wm. This data is from the Barnes site.

My experience with Barnes is they like to be pushed hard. Be safe and Good Luck

Thanks - I actually have the Barne's reloading manual. I was hoping to receive recommended loads which would help be avoid doing a complete loading ladder for this combination and focus more into a sweet spot range.

BillyB, If you only want to know about the 180ttsx then why did you ask about the BC, load info and how the other bullet grouped? i was merely pointing out that the ttsx was a very good bullet and wouldn't jump ship to another just because it had a little better BC. then i gave you the reason why i thought the ttsx was such a great bullet, in any weight. his load info with a completely different bullet or anyone elses for that matter are probably a waste of time. to think you're gonna avoid a bunch of load developement and find the sweet spot from someone elses loads are humorous to say the least. every gun is different. i didn't recommend the other weight bullet but sense you brought it up, yes, i would be surprised if it, or the 150 gr wouldn't be a better choice with the short action and magazine that you have.

don't worry, i'll not bother you with any information again.

davewilson -

no offence intended. I querried the BC hoping to gain additional info on the 180 gr bullet and load That would still provide pointer information. You know as well as I do that certain powder / bullet / caliber combinations have sweet spots rather than the whole loading range suggested by either bullet or powder companies. Just look at Varget and the 308 or 223. Or visit 6mmBR and review their load maps. There are central tendies for certain combinations. It's a good place to be aware of when developing a load for a particular rifle.

William

I haven't tried Barnes yet but have tried Swift Sciroccos, Hornady Interbonds, SSTs, Interlock BTSP, Nosler Accubond, and Sierra Gameking.

I like the SSTs and Interbonds best. I like the Swift's BC but I can't get them very close to the lands in my gun.

I've shoot up to 69.5 grains or RL 19 with a 180 grain. Velocity was around 2950. Good accuracy with the Interbonds in my gun. I like the 215M primers.

With the velocity Barnes need to expand I would probably shoot 168s. I've been debating trying them.

BillyB, If you only want to know about the 180ttsx then why did you ask about the BC, load info and how the other bullet grouped? i was merely pointing out that the ttsx was a very good bullet and wouldn't jump ship to another just because it had a little better BC. then i gave you the reason why i thought the ttsx was such a great bullet, in any weight. his load info with a completely different bullet or anyone elses for that matter are probably a waste of time. to think you're gonna avoid a bunch of load developement and find the sweet spot from someone elses loads are humorous to say the least. every gun is different. i didn't recommend the other weight bullet but sense you brought it up, yes, i would be surprised if it, or the 150 gr wouldn't be a better choice with the short action and magazine that you have.

don't worry, i'll not bother you with any information again.

Perhaps you missed this post and I agree with the above post completely. Asking a question on the World Wide Net means that anyone can answer and answer the way they see fit. If you don't like that then don't ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.