300WSM and Hornady

longrifle

I'm hoping the ammo officianados here can help me with a memory check. A couple of years ago I purchased a Browning A Bolt Stalker in 300 WSM. With the rifle and scope package I was given a box of ammo. I swear it seemed that the ammo was 139gr Hornady factory ammo and listed the muzzle velocity at 3500 FPS.

Is anyone familiar with that chambering and if I'm incorrect, if it wasn't Hornady, can anyone tell me the ammo manufacturer who made that bullet? I'd sure appreciate the help....

Hornady makes the 139gr in a 7mm,but to my knowledge,they have never made a 139gr bullet in a 30cal.

The 139 grainers are only in 7mm. But I have the same rifle in 300 wsm, and let me tell you, the 150 grainers from Hornady are awesome. If you want to go one step better, I recommend the Winchester Supreme Elite 150 grainers. I have gotten SUPERB accuracy out of these! I believe they travel at 3,300 ft/sec gun)

You can get 130gr in Barns TSX & TTSX & man they are fast out of my 300wsm. Barns load data gets you at 3540fps with a 24'' tube but, I'm getting around 3500fps reloading.:D

Also Hornady makes a 130gr SP & they list it at 3450fps

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.