300wm. What bullets should I shoot?

mrbofus

Probably beaten to death by now.....

I have a 300 wm that will shoot 180 Nosler balistic tips very well. I also have a load for 165 g interlocks that are very consistant.

I read alot of the 200-215G bullets shot out of the 300 like the VLD's.

Is the 300 better with the heavier bullets like the 200+g or with the 165-180G?

This is a hunting rifle Remington 700 WM. and I shoot no more than 500yrds.

any input appreciated.

I do shoot farther than you are right now, but have to wonder if you had a good load with the Berger 215 if you would not shoot farther? The 215 Berger is the best thing that ever happened to the 300 win mag. This combination still amazes me after using it over two years.

Jeff

Any more I load the 215 Berger for all my 30 cals below 300 RUM, mice to elk it's all better with less wind drift and more precision gun)

Or,
Just for laughs
130 gr ttsx, at say 3600 fps give or take.
Should be flat as he'll inside 400.

Like you - i shot 180 ballistic tips and accubonds with great success. I shot many elk and deer inside 500 without issues.

Then came the 215 berger. It took me quite a while to get them dialed in. but now i am consistently shooting them at 2850 out of my 26 in bbl 300 WM.

They are stupid expensive, but worth it if all your doing is hunting.

Im pretty darn cheap, so the $55 a box kills me, but hey, thats what the 223 is forgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.