.300WM vs. 300 Weatherby??

sakofan

Hi all. Looking at a new rifle setup and have come across a pretty good deal in terms of price, accessories, etc.

Sendero .300 Weatherby Mag.

I shot a .300 Weatherby Mag once, and it was OK.

But, can some of you guys tell me if you you would choose a .300 Weatherby over a tried and true,(at least for me), .300 Winnie..TIA..sakofan...

ballistically they are quite similar as you probably know,the only thing that would sway me to the 300win.is brass cost,other than that they are both good performers.i have seen alot more accurate 300win. rifles than i have the 300wtby.,but i have also SEEN more 300win. period.both have done well on the 1000yd.circuit over many years[and the numerous variations of both chamberings]-tough call-for me, i would pick the 300win.but thats just me-my-2-dave

Thanks Dave. Yeah, Iam already set up with all the brass I will ever use, dies, etc., for the Winnie.

Oh well. I dont think I have ever seen a Sendero in .300 Weatherby before..differant..sakofan..

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.