300wm recipes

Your original question was;

Also, has anyone ever reloaded the cases used in the winchester supreme BST? You know, the silver ones.

You did not ask about case life. I don't think that case life will have any thing to do with wheter or not the case is nickel plated or not. Manny other variables that can/do affect case life.

my brother and 1 both have savage 300 wm heavy barreled rifles. they both really like imr 7828. my brothers shot a 6.250" 5 shot group at 820 yards 2 saturdays ago with imr7828 and 208 amax.my rifle shot a 3 shot group at 550 into 2.750 with retumbo and 208 amax. imr7828 is the go 2 powder for our rifles. jasongun)

I reload the Winchester nickel plated brass for my .300 Winny Mag. Be careful in the area of the neck and resizing. In my experience the neck is subject to cracking and splitting. Some times a very bright light is needed to see the crack. So I full length resize and forget about just neck sizing. Some of the brass is now being loaded for the 6th time. gun)

I have no personal experience with the nickel brass, but I have heard some guys say it is hard to work with as in resizing and such. I'm curious as well as I haven't seen anyone reloading these cases.

Yes winchester brass both nickle are great. Good capacity is a plus. My prefered brass.

You might have to use a tad of lube on the inside of the neck area to smooth the outward draw on the press with the Nickle brass.

What about the RL-22 hype? Will it be a good pwder to try if my rifle dosen't like the H-1000? Also, has anyone ever reloaded the cases used in the winchester supreme BST? You know, the silver ones.
I have been loading rl22 in the 300 win for years. It's always been great to me.
As for nickel cases, the others have about covered it, they are a bit less resilient and may neck crack earlier. I'd use em 'till they are used up.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.