300wm recipes

m.o.a.man

I have only handloaded for the 7mmRM but have recently purchased a 300 win.mag. I would like to shoot 165gr. - 208gr. bullets (sierra HPBT,Ballistic Tips, A-Max and Accubonds). Any loads, any powder I'll try it all. Thanks.

200 gr SMK, 64.5grs IMR 4350, CCI Mag primer, Win cases pushes them 2750fps. I know I could go faster but this is fast enough for me and I have gotten 7-8 firings on this one set of brass and the primer pockets are still good.
-Jake

What about the RL-22 hype? Will it be a good pwder to try if my rifle dosen't like the H-1000? Also, has anyone ever reloaded the cases used in the winchester supreme BST? You know, the silver ones.

Im using the r22 in my sako 300wm. the powder works well enough that regardless of the bullet nosler 150-180 it has the same point of aim at 100 yds. the h1000 was very accurate (1/2) with the 150 ab gun)

moa,
I don't think there is any hype surrounding RE22 in the 300WM, I use it for Woodleigh 180gr PP's and it works a treat!
I'm getting 3170fps with that powder.
If RE22 doesn't work you can use RE25 which I have found to be a little more accurate than RE22 and gives , on average, about 100fps more velocity.
Cheers.
MagnumManiac.
gun)

I have had very good results with 210gr Berger VLD's, Rem. 9 1/2 primer, & 69.5grs. RL22. This load in a HS Precision HTR was good for a little under & a little over 1 MOA @ 1,000 yards over 3 years. Also quite proud of a 10 shot group @ 100 yards of .623. It worked for me, however your mileage may vary. This load shot so well right from the git-go I never used anything else.
Semper Fi

Does anybody use the IMR 4831 in the 300 wm? and if so, what charge? I was just wondering, because I never hear much about using it anymore.

I was checking out the Alliant website and they are talking about a new powder, RL-17. 150gr Speer, 74gr RL-17, Fed 215 primer 3.330 C.O.L. will give you 3,333 f.p.s. Its worth trying, but in the 300 win. mag only with 150gr bullets. And thanks for all of the replies. I will be trying every load given. Still I haven't heard about reloading the cases from the winchester supreme (silver ones). Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts