300WM on Whitetail / Muleys

the 300 WM will do it with all bullets 165g and up remington corelock is as good as any and the nosler accubond is the very best 180 to 200 gr for elk and 165 for deer. one must remember those heavy bullets lose velocity and if the get a bit slow thy will not open up enough to put the animal down soon enough..

I shoot the 300 elite hunter Berger in my christensen arms 338 lapua and the 300 gr. Nosler AB and they both work great the Berger is smaller groups by .40 at 200 yds. And my friend is loading me 30 nosler with the hammer bullets 214 gr. And the nosler 210 gr.ABLR will see how that works out

I shoot the 300 elite hunter Berger in my christensen arms 338 lapua and the 300 gr. Nosler AB and they both work great the Berger is smaller groups by .40 at 200 yds. And my friend is loading me 30 nosler with the hammer bullets 214 gr. And the nosler 210 gr.ABLR will see how that works out
Let me know how the ABLR's do for you.
I'd love to try the Hammer in a 214gr, but I don't think my twist rate is fast enough... I'll look on their site or ask Steve to find out.
the 300 WM will do it with all bullets 165g and up remington corelock is as good as any and the nosler accubond is the very best 180 to 200 gr for elk and 165 for deer. one must remember those heavy bullets lose velocity and if the get a bit slow thy will not open up enough to put the animal down soon enough..

Agreed on certain bullets losing velocity. With all the above stated for terminal performance, I'm leaning towards either ABLR or the Berger's.
I like the Core-Lokt at closer range, but it slows down too fast. I've never pushed any of those beyond 400 yards.

True with the bullets you are talking about but not the case with bullets such as the Bergers or the ELD's that are specifically designed to perform at much lower velocities.

I've had great results with 300 WSM with 150 grain noslers for whitetails, antelope, muledeer, elk, black bear, mtn goat and sheep.

I will be headed to the shooting range in the morning to break in my new 30 nosler with 200 gr. Nosler and then I will o it in with 210 ABLR

I stand by the standard 200gr Accubond. I've had great luck on deer sized game from 70 to 650 yards. Does not come apart at closer ranges like some others.

Its been over 20yrs since I used a 300WM, but the Nosler 180 Ballistic tip was pretty rough on a doe antelope at 347yds, and a mule deer buck at 75. I then went to the Barnes 180 XBT. No deer, but shot Impala, Blesbuck, and tiny Springbok from 50yds to 375yds with ease/perfection. Plus many more elk sized antelope/zebra. In Texas, I shot 4 little Hill country deer at 60yds and under with the then Federal Blue Box loaded with the 150 Sierra Pro Hunter. They acted like Partitions! No meat damage to speak of. I've had 150gr 30-06 Corlokts tear up deer worse.
Past 375 I don't know...:)

I'm running 199 hammers @ 3128 now for everything in my .300 WM. Shot a 50lb javalina with one. Bang flop. Shot a 350lb Oryx cow. Bang two steps backwards then flop. If I was gonna shoot a different bullet at critters I'd be looking at the ABLR 210 or maybe a good old fashioned 200 accubond. Lots of guys like bergers. I like them for steel but don't use them on critters. I guess my point is you have lots of choices.

I haven't got the chance to test them terminally but i had great success working the load up with 225 eld m bullets in my .300 win. Winchester brass, fed 215m, imr 8133, seated long to single feed but not on the lands yet at all, hbn coated bullets. Heavily compressed at 79 grains final load, as always don't just start at max but work up in your own rifle.
Around 2760 average FPS, not setting the woods on fire but full .300 win performance, around 3750 foot pounds of energy so about what we expect normally. The only load I've come up with in my savage 111 long range hunter that has on more than one occasion printed "one ragged hole".

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.