300WM load data

The Hornady, Nosler, and Berger reloading manuals all are pretty good and contain dozens of records for different powders each. For 200 grain ELD-X, I referenced this load data on the previous page (the post right before yours). Doing a quick search of the site, you'll find most people have nothing bad to say about H1000 with just about any bullet 180 grains and up in a 300wm.

im running a r700 5rss mil spec in 300 win mag...any one have any load data for one...im looking 200gr pills on up...eldx, berger, nosler...thanx

I'm loading for a mil spec too. I started at 71 grains of H1000 with a 215 berger hybrid. Seat it at least .015 off but could for sure go more as apparently that bullet isn't super sensitive to seating depth. I'm at least .040 off and still working up my powder charge, no pressure signs up to 74.5 now.

my dad had the same rifle i do mil spec 5rss 300 wm.... his loves hornady precision hunter 200gr ammo....mine does not...lol there are differences in the build though...different stocks ,bases, scopes and so on... funny how rifles are individuals

that's pretty similar to what load i was looking to work up... any velocities, or accuracy results? thanks

I haven't measured velocity yet as I know there's more yet to go, will do soon though. Accuracy for sure, this was at 72. From what I understand many find the sweet spot around 76 grains or a bit more.

Attachments

• 0016F09A-228D-4BF1-ACF8-7958F5E384FC.jpeg
    0016F09A-228D-4BF1-ACF8-7958F5E384FC.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 149
i was getting 3212fps with hornady superformance 180gr sst and about 5/8" avg groups...then after letting the ammo go a couple seasons i noticed a huge spread in velocity...like 100 fps sd....so i ditched superformance for a more consistent load...

Just got some 215gr berger hybrids. Gonna try the broz load. Starting at 73 grains of H1000. Was able to set my max OACL to 3.650. Which is .1 off the lands but stil functions in my mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.