300wm load berger 215

ohiohunter

I'm working on some wm loads and I decided to try the 215's, but when seated to fit my mag well they are terribly deep. They look goofy as all hell. Does anyone else have this problem?

It's in a savage w/ a factory barrel. If anyone has any good loads for me please divulge. I'm using 4831sc. I also have 180 barnes that I'm working up loads for primarily, but thought I'd give the bergers a shot.

Hello, I have a Savage tactical 110 in 300WM. I load for the Berger 215 hybrid and have had great success with it. However, it does turn my gun into a single shot as oal is greater than the magazine length.

I have not been able to find the 215 berger hybrid for over a year. That said I loaded some 210 LRAB for my 300 win mag. The 210 LRAB is 1.563" long, longer than the 210 HVLD and the 208 AMAX I can't imagine its shorter than the 215 OTM.

I can load rounds to 3.390" and still fit the magazine in my accumark. These bullets take up alot of powder column. I loaded 74 and 75 gr of H1000 to start both are compressed. The 75 gr load bowed the shoulders of the PPU brass I tried. Loads fine in the Norma brass. The AMAX looks short as well I have taken it all the way to 77 gr and shoots great they say I can do 78 but 77 is up by the neck and when seating the bullets it starts crunching as soon as you start seating the bullet.

No pressure signs but the H1000 gets displaced by the long bullets. I am considering H4831SC so let us know your results.

I4831 has been great in my rifle with the 180 TTSX I started at 68 and worked up 0.5 at a time.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

So here is my load:
  • of course the 215 grain berger hybrid match bullet
  • Winchester brass
  • 68.8 grains of H4831sc, this has been tough to find.
  • federal 215 match primer
  • case trimmed to 2.595 inches
  • c.o.a.l. 3.640

I just order a box of 250 of the Berger 215 grain hybrids from Bullets.com and it looks like they still have them. Out of my factory chamber and barrel I'm shooting a 1 moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.