300wm hates Berger’s.

Next thing I would look at is neck thickness variation, if you dont wanna turn i dont like more than .001, .0005 is better

So after extensive load development and different setting depths I just come to the understanding my rifle hates 215 Berger's. So I went out and bought 210 ABLR and 225eldm (208s are non existent) I've done a lot of research on the 2 bullets all my shooting can be anywhere from 50 yards to 800. What bullet should I focus on? I can't return the bullets so I will sell them to someone at marked sticker price if I don't use the other
Before you load any Nosler ABLRs I'd check their weights. I've found 7mm 175s to be off as much as 3 grains. They shot ok in both my 7mm LRM and my 6.5 PRC at 100/200 yards. When you get in that 500-1000 area things can get weird. They just don't fly as good as the other LR bullets like the Bergers and ELDs. I don't know why but they didn't fly really consistently. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Before you load any Nosler ABLRs I'd check their weights. I've found 7mm 175s to be off as much as 3 grains. They shot ok in both my 7mm LRM and my 6.5 PRC at 100/200 yards. When you get in that 500-1000 area things can get weird. They just don't fly as good as the other LR bullets like the Bergers and ELDs. I don't know why but they didn't fly really consistently. Maybe you'll have better luck.
I've been emailing Steve at hammer bullets so might order some 196hh is i can get them at 3000mv or 181hh.
I'm also really hesitant on Accubonds cause I know they like to explode.

I'm shooting the 178 grain Absolute Hammer at 3,230 FPS and consistently getting 0.5 moa groups (or better) out of a 300 WM 24 inch 10 twist barrel. Very impressed with the Absolute Hammer, I'd be interested to hear your results with the 196 hh out of a 10 twist barrel if you decide to try them.

Last edited:
I'm shooting the 178 grain Absolute Hammer at 3,230 FPS and consistently getting 0.5 moa groups (or better) out of a 300 WM 24 inch 10 twist barrel. Very impressed with the Absolute Hammer, I'd be interested to hear your results with the 196 hh out of a 10 twist barrel if you decide to try them.
I'm very curious. I more than likely will buy both sample packs and test them

I can attest to this ☝☝

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.