300wm ammo

darrindlh

Ok Guys,
I am a re loader but I do not have the space in my apt to reload at the time being. My max range that I am able to make an one shot kill is 500yrds. After much reading and searching I am seeing that most do not consider 500 longrange and that is ok. Which factory ammo will be most effective at this range? I'm not going to move so please do not ask me to start reloading. Thank you for the help

Darrin

Ok Guys,
I am a re loader but I do not have the space in my apt to reload at the time being. My max range that I am able to make an one shot kill is 500yrds. After much reading and searching I am seeing that most do not consider 500 longrange and that is ok. Which factory ammo will be most effective at this range? I'm not going to move so please do not ask me to start reloading. Thank you for the help

Darrin

I have had excellent results with Hornady light magnum ammo (now called superformance i think) Thats from a 308 so i'm not sure what they make in the 300.

Thanks Daves..
In my 300 they are offering superformance ammo in the 180grn gmx. What have you heard about the gmx? Good things. It looks like a barnes ttsx in my opinion.

darrin

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.