300WM-200TSX-H4831sc?

unvisable

Simple question - Anyone got pet load with this combination? Ogive length? Cautions, doubts, kudos, or curses. Intended for Yukon Moose and want it to kill the moose! I am working on this development for a very good friend and reliability is very important.

thanks,
unvisable

I cannot say anything for the 4831 but H1000 at 76gn with a 208gn A-max works best for me.and to add I would say with my loading resilts I have done better with 4831 and a 168gn bullet.seems to work best in my rifel with lighter bullets.or thats what I have came up with.but again with a heavier bullet H1000 and 7828 have given me better results.

but bullet choice is great.just think the other powders will worh better.and with H1000 you should be able to shoot in hot/cold weather with little change.

Are you dead set on 4831 with 200 grainers? There are a ton of of great loads with 180's and the 4350's. Even the RL-17 with a burn rate similar to 4350 is posting fabulous results in performance. Results that no one ever thought the 300 WSM was capable of.

I've killed a couple of giant AK moose with the 300 WSM driving 180's at around 3000 FPS. They work just fine.

I shoot my 300wm with 200ttsx .035 away from the lands and 65.0gr of IMR 4831 going at 2988f.p.s . my first 3 shots .360 at 200yds ,last 3 shots .346 at 100yds.

Thanks to all for the replies. I may try something else later, but for now I am committed to the referenced combo. The information is consistent with what I am seeing and the distance to the lands will be a big help. OCW indicated that powder is close to 66.2 grains. I'll update in a couple of weeks when I get a chance to set seating depth.

Never run this combo before because my bullets come in a green box but so far it seems impressive.

Also thanks for the info about the 180's and the AK moose as this is target specific and I will try them if I can't get the 200's to work out.

unvisable

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.