• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300WM, 1:10 Twist, 168gr Berger VLD Hunting

I have a 1:10 twist 300 WSM and initially was shooting 165 grain Interbonds and it grouped them very well. You should be fine shooting the 168's out of your 300 WM. I chose to go with the 185 grain Bergers for my WSM and it shoots so well I've had a hard time wanting to change anything else.

Chances are that they will shoot in a 13-1. The only way to know is to load some and try. I have heard some poeple swear by Burgers and some swear at them. I my self shoot bergers in my 270 Wby.
If you want to stretch that 300 try some 220 smk. If you are shooting beyond 650 or so they really do a good job.
Mickey

Nothing wrong with big bullets and Coues deer. I shoot 208gr in my 30 cal. I shoot 162gr in .284. I hope to have my 300 grainers ready for my Dec tag. I do know a lot of guys that run 165ish with a 1 in 10 twist .30 and they have no issues. It all fairness I've seen a lot of critters DRT with 168s in a 30 cal, mostly Coues and a few elk.

I have had excellent luck with the 168 berger vld in both 300 wm and mostly in 300 RUM. The rifles like 'em and they work very well on antelope/deer/elk out to 800 yds so far, see no need for heavier , and my rifles LOVE 'em. You can use heavier if you want, but shoot the one YOUR rifle likes and learn to shoot it.

Walt Berger recommends the 168 for deer size game in the WM.

I've had great luck on game and paper. 76 grains of Reloader 22 is my load.

shoudnt this post be in the reloading thread, instead of the reloading components for sale thread ? or am I missing something ?