300win mag with 1:11 twist bullet sugestions?

I prefer a 1:10 twist which 165 Gameking or 168 smk will stabilize. Which bullet...what are you going to shoot?

I will be using it for deer and moose, I hunt a lot of open fields and see moose and deer from 1 yard to as far as the eye can see, I am almost finished my lr rig now and am looking for sugestions on what pill to use with my 1:11 twist.

I'm not sure the 1 in 11 twist will stabilize a 200+ grain bullet in the 300 Win Mag. You would probably be right at the edge of the envelope. My 300 RUM would stabilize the 200 gr. AB with a 1:11 twist barrel, but I was pushing it at a much higher velocity. Buy a box and check for stabilization at 300 yds.

Other possibilites would be a 190 Berger (BC of .57), or 180 AB (BC of .507), or the 180 gr. Swift Sciroco II i(BC of .52) .

The Berger web site has a twist recommendation of 11 for the 210 VLD's and a 12 twist for the 185 & 190's so you should be O.K. The 165's will be fine as well. There's been some good posts in the past about matching the twist rate with the bullet you plan on using. I recently bought a Broughton 11 twist for my 300 WM and plan on using the 180 Accubonds, should be a real good setup. I talked quite a bit with Tim North at Brougthon and he highly recommended this twist rate for
the 300. Give him a call and get his opinion as well.

The other bullet recommendations that AZsugarbear gave were good suggestions.

using the twist calculator at real guns i come up with a minimum of 10.75 for bergers 210 you'd probably do better with 190s

nathan:
With the 300mag, I would recommend the heavier bullets: 190+. They have higher BCs, so less wind deflection and they carry more energy at longer ranges. You can check the Berger website for suggested twist rates for different bullets.

In terms of determining BC's for most bullets, the manufacturers websites generally has it.

Nathan, I just got off the phone with Tim North and we talked quite a bit about the 11 twist bbl in the 300 WM. He says plenty of guys are using 210 Bergers for long range matches, but most use close to 30" barrels. If using a shorter bbl, you will obviously lose a little velocity but still should be o.k. He said, just don't buy 5,000 bullets. Buy a box and try it. If need be, drop back to something in the 200 gr pill, or if set on a Berger, go 190. It sounds like it will probably work, but needs to be verified.

Thanks for the replies I decided to try out the 210 bergers I think they are the best way to go as long as they will stabalize in my 27 inch barrel. If not I will try the 210. One bullet I am still curious about is the henson aluminum tipped 210 grn, I will have to try writing him an email.