300win mag with 1:11 twist bullet sugestions?

So has anyone had a chance to try the 200+ grains .308 bullets in a 300 Win Mag rifle with a 1:11 twist rate? I just purchased a (new for year 2020) Tikka T3x Lite with the new camo veil alpine stock chambered in 300 Win Mag. It comes with a 1:11 twist rate barrel but it would seem that for 2021 Tikka discontinued that model and came out with a new model that looks exactly the same but with a 1:10 twist barrel instead of 1:11. I had hoped to use mine for 200+ grain slugs but now I am not sure I can. All the 300 win mags I have come with a 1:10 twist rate so I didn't even bother to check the twist rate for the new Tikka. I just assumed it would be the same as all the rest. It looks like 230 grain bullets are out for this rifle but I am wondering if I can at least get the 210 grain ones to stabilize in a 1:11 twist barrel.

So has anyone had a chance to try the 200+ grains .308 bullets in a 300 Win Mag rifle with a 1:11 twist rate? I just purchased a (new for year 2020) Tikka T3x Lite with the new camo veil alpine stock chambered in 300 Win Mag. It comes with a 1:11 twist rate barrel but it would seem that for 2021 Tikka discontinued that model and came out with a new model that looks exactly the same but with a 1:10 twist barrel instead of 1:11. I had hoped to use mine for 200+ grain slugs but now I am not sure I can. All the 300 win mags I have come with a 1:10 twist rate so I didn't even bother to check the twist rate for the new Tikka. I just assumed it would be the same as all the rest. It looks like 230 grain bullets are out for this rifle but I am wondering if I can at least get the 210 grain ones to stabilize in a 1:11 twist barrel.
Or I might just send my Tikka back to the factory and have it rebarelled with a 1:10 twist rate one instead.

I have an 11 twist on my 300 WM. I think the heaviest I've shot are 200 gr Accubonds and they shoot real well. I would try the Bullets you're interested in before re barreling. Also, use the Berger twist rate calculator on their site to give you an indication of bullet stability.

I'm not sure the 1 in 11 twist will stabilize a 200+ grain bullet in the 300 Win Mag. You would probably be right at the edge of the envelope. My 300 RUM would stabilize the 200 gr. AB with a 1:11 twist barrel, but I was pushing it at a much higher velocity. Buy a box and check for stabilization at 300 yds.

Other possibilites would be a 190 Berger (BC of .57), or 180 AB (BC of .507), or the 180 gr. Swift Sciroco II i(BC of .52) .
I shoot the 200 Hybrid out of a 12 twist in 1000 yard BR. Shoots small!!

I helped a friend with his tikka 300 win mag with a 1-11 twist. It shot the 200 gr eldx really good. They had to be fast though. I don't think you'd get away with much heavier

A 165 - 180 gr Accubond/Partition would be a great all around bullet for the 300 Winny. Also dont forget about the 150gr Barnes TTSX. Ive read its unique in that its terminal performance mirrors bullets of heavier weight.

A 165 - 180 gr Accubond/Partition would be a great all around bullet for the 300 Winny. Also dont forget about the 150gr Barnes TTSX. Ive read its unique in that its terminal performance mirrors bullets of heavier weight.
Yes I am leaning toward the 200 grain Accubonds from Federal Premium and also looking seriously at the Hornady ELD-X 200 grain cartridge. I already have some Federal Power*Shok 180 grain 300 win mag ammo but only about 2 or 3 boxes of it. Thanks to everyone for all the responses. I can't wait to try out your suggestions.

I like to measure the length of the bullets and use the Berger twist stability estimator or the JBM stability estimator that works with plastic tipped bullets before buying any bullet. I have a spreadsheet that does the estimating numbers.

For example the 215 Berger, .308 diameter, has a length of 1.60 inches. My Miller stability estimator comes up with a Sg of 1.19 (11 twist, sea level, 59*). The Berger stability calculator comes up with an equal Sg, 1.19. All this indicates the 215 flying out of an 11 twist may not optimize the ballistic capabilities of the bullet (BC). Berger does not like that combo.

Berger recommends a minimum twist of 9.75 for the 215 Hybrid. Go from sea level up to 7500 feet and the Sg will improve to 1.57 with an 11 twist. (less dense air).

For an 11 twist I would go for 180- 190 grains about . Decades ago I used the old 190 Sierra MK, 1.36", out of my old 10 twist .300 WM out to 1,000 and did real good at sea level to 5500 feet, sticky hot wet to very hot or cold dry. The Sg for my 190 load was 2.10 at sea level and probably better at 5500. A 11 twist would have a Sg of 1.74, real good.

Cold weather also requires faster twists. For example the 185 VLD at 35* and 3000 feet elevation, 11 twist, will have a Sg of 1.72. This bullet would handle all situations. The type of target is also important, paper, steel, or the body of some big beast. Todays bullets are real precise and can take lots of spinning.

I never had a bullet hit sideways having a Sg of 1.20 or so but that does not mean they were flying the best way. I also measure the twist rates of my barrels to verify what is stamped on the barrel or what they tell me it is.

I like to measure the length of the bullets and use the Berger twist stability estimator or the JBM stability estimator that works with plastic tipped bullets before buying any bullet. I have a spreadsheet that does the estimating numbers.

For example the 215 Berger, .308 diameter, has a length of 1.60 inches. My Miller stability estimator comes up with a Sg of 1.19 (11 twist, sea level, 59*). The Berger stability calculator comes up with an equal Sg, 1.19. All this indicates the 215 flying out of an 11 twist may not optimize the ballistic capabilities of the bullet (BC). Berger does not like that combo.

Berger recommends a minimum twist of 9.75 for the 215 Hybrid. Go from sea level up to 7500 feet and the Sg will improve to 1.57 with an 11 twist. (less dense air).

For an 11 twist I would go for 180- 190 grains about . Decades ago I used the old 190 Sierra MK, 1.36", out of my old 10 twist .300 WM out to 1,000 and did real good at sea level to 5500 feet, sticky hot wet to very hot or cold dry. The Sg for my 190 load was 2.10 at sea level and probably better at 5500. A 11 twist would have a Sg of 1.74, real good.

Cold weather also requires faster twists. For example the 185 VLD at 35* and 3000 feet elevation, 11 twist, will have a Sg of 1.72. This bullet would handle all situations. The type of target is also important, paper, steel, or the body of some big beast. Todays bullets are real precise and can take lots of spinning.

I never had a bullet hit sideways having a Sg of 1.20 or so but that does not mean they were flying the best way. I also measure the twist rates of my barrels to verify what is stamped on the barrel or what they tell me it is.
Your reference to elevation above sea level is interesting because I purchased the Tikka for backcountry mountain hunts. For hunting from a blind or stand at sea level I have other rifles in 300 win mag that come with the 1:10 twist barrel but which are too heavy to carry around in the mountains. If I am sitting idle in a stand and the trek to get to it is under a few miles I don't think the weight of the rifle matters much at that point. My guess is the engineers at Tikka were aware of the intended application for these rifles and gave it a twist that was good enough. It's possible consumer preferences forced the Tikka designers to change the twist rate on the barrel and come out with a new model.

I would shoot something in the ballpark of 180-190 to be safe. If you plan to only go to 1000 you will be fine with the added speed. I shoot the 181gr hammers out of my 1/10 twist out to 1300 with no problems. Which means even if you pick a shorter cup core bullet around 180-190 like the eld you will be fine. Plus the added speed will be very nice for the 600 yards and under shots.