300Win Mag...RL-33...Anyone using this great powder?

I tried some the other day. I was at 82.5 grains with a 230 OTM. It printed a 3/4" group at 150 yards at 2815 fps with 7 ES for three shots. No pressure signs.

I haven't used in in a WM, but it gets tremendous velocities in my 30/375 S.I. which has a little more capacity than the WM (96.4 grains) I also use it in my 6.5 SS and 6.5 Sherman with the 150-160 grain bullets. The only question I have at this point is how much does temp affect it? I have heard varying opinions about it, but the consensus is, it isn't as good as the Hodgdon powders. For comparison with the WM, I have exceeded 3100' with the 230 OTM in a 26" barrel with my 30/375 S.I.

This powder has been very temperature stable for me. It is supposed to be stable as Allied worked all that out in this product...It has worked very well for me in my lapua...One hole groups with 3 different bullets...

That seems about right to me...I bet if you start looking for the sweet nodes in your barrel you'll do even better...I found my rifles nicer to shoot without the severe shock on the old shoulder as from other powders. I love it for the big magnums and I am getting ready to load some 458 win mags for my buddy...I come our smiling with that beast too...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts