300win mag load work up

hello im going to be getting a 300win mag in the very near future i currently use H4350 for other calibers i will be using 180 bergr elite hunters open to other powders thanks
74 grains of H1000 works great for me
2C83F5AC-AA5C-421E-B1FE-32F51017269C.jpeg

I didn't see you comment on your hunting style but did see a few tell you to jump straight to the 215 berger.

A fine bullet it is but again, what's your hunting style and range limit.

Do you dial a turrent for long range, say past 400 yards or do you typically shoot at say 4-500 and less? Also, what's your twist rate?

If you intend to shoot past 400 and dial a turret i highly recommend the 215 or 230 berger. Both shoot crazy good from my 30 nosler which is similar to the wm.

For the 400 and under, you'll appreciate the flatter trajectory from a 180 berger, nos accubond or similar. It seems we are all too wrapped up in the extreme bc but in reality, that's not in the equation under 6 or 700 yards and really becomes notable past 1k.

i hunt pretty open area for elk 400 plus would be pretty likely chance also i will be topping my rifle with vortex diamondback tach 4x16x44 mrad turrets

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.