300rum

muleman1953

Any of you guys that have this round, ever have trouble reaching the lands at mag length? What bullet will shoot well in a Sendero jumping .200" to the lands. I'd prefer a 200 plus bullet, any thoughts?

I would purchase a wyatts extended mag box and have a smith install. Cost me under 100 bucks and well worth it!!!!

Don't think your going to reach 3.885. With 200 accubonds I am at 3.807 with .020 off lands and feeds fine. Would have to measure mag to see how much more I could go. I was loading 210 bergers and still reach the lands.

Mikiedem, I looked up the watts which certainly would help but I'd still be .100" or .080 from where I want to be.

Thanks Mike I ordered 50 of the Berger 215 Hybrids, 100- 220gr SMKs, and 100-225 Hornaday BTHP.

With these and H1000, Retumbo, & IMR7828 fior powder I should find something that will shoot or have a good start on needing a new Barrel!!!

If the wind ever Quits Howling here I've got some 208s to shoot by single feeding at .020 off the lands just to see if they'll shoot there.

Well I Got it shooting with Hornady 225 BTHPs & Retumbo, They shoot like Lasers, Presistance Pays. I also tried 220gr SMKs, it hated them also.

Thanks, for the thoughts, Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.