300RUM Reloading Advice

Either. My starting load for both the 210 HVLD & 215 Hybrid were both 85.5gr H1000. Pretty mild load. 2960fps for both. About a hot .300WM speed. My final load for both are now moving 3100+. But I still keep 50 of those 85.5gr loads on hand for shooting steel and paper, and for loaning out to kids or new hunters.

Why wouldn't you when they shoot like this?

Hi guys finally had the chance to get out and try some loads in my 300 rum I went with R1000 powder equiv AR2217 93 gr, FED 215GMM primer & AC LRS 190 @200 yards it grouped 1.3MOA I'm very happy with that load I will still work with that a little more with bullet seating depth try better it .Thank you for your help
cheers :):):)

My experience with 300 RUM has been very positive. I have a SPS with 26" barrel, it shoots sub-MOA with 180 grain Nosler AB. Using H1000 I started at 90.0 grains and went up to 94.0 grains. What I learned is about 92.5 grains the recoil just got more intense but did not see much gain in Muzzle vel. I ended up at 92.0 grains of H1000 with 180 Grain Nosler AB at 3260 fps and it is my go to big game rifle. Dropped a cow elk right were she stood at 450 yards, antelope and deer out to 750 yards just fold up and recoil is managable. I now have a brake on it and I can shoot it all day long. Sorry I don't have much experience with heavier bullets as my rifle never liked them.

going to be working up a load for the 220gr hornady ELD-X here in the next couple weeks, using R-P brass, Fed 215M Primers, and Retumbo. Hopefully I can get a nice half moa load in the 3000 FPS range. I will update later! I am shooting a Savage 110 with a 24" barrel. 3000FPS might be asking a bit much but fingers are crossed.

My experience with 300 RUM has been very positive. I have a SPS with 26" barrel, it shoots sub-MOA with 180 grain Nosler AB. Using H1000 I started at 90.0 grains and went up to 94.0 grains. What I learned is about 92.5 grains the recoil just got more intense but did not see much gain in Muzzle vel. I ended up at 92.0 grains of H1000 with 180 Grain Nosler AB at 3260 fps and it is my go to big game rifle. Dropped a cow elk right were she stood at 450 yards, antelope and deer out to 750 yards just fold up and recoil is managable. I now have a brake on it and I can shoot it all day long. Sorry I don't have much experience with heavier bullets as my rifle never liked them.

I run 200 gr AB's with 95 gr of Retumbo, Rem Mag primers, 0.015 off the lands in a Nosler carrier. Same load for two RUM's with different barrel twists, so very forgiving. Only difference is distance from lands.

RE 33 start 94gr and work up.
215-230 hybrids work well. Not finicky on seating depth and short bearing surface tends to equal more fps. Not to mention the high b.c. I always thought the RUM was designed for heavies because the case capacity. I wouldn't try anything less than a 215. We tend to shoot long range so fps and b.c. Is everything

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.