300RUM factory ammo?

MagnumManiac

G'day all,
Recently picked up a Rem 700 Sendero II in 300RUM. No dies available, at least not the dies I will drop money on.
So...I have 2 options with factory ammo just so I can sight it in and have some fun before I use it as a donor.
The choices are a Barnes 180g TTSX or a Rem 200g CoreLokt.
I'm not a fan of the Barnes bullets, but may be persuaded to try them. Have used CoreLokt bullets in 300WM and 338WM way in the past and they worked well, only thing is I haven't used the 200g in 30 cal before.
Is it going to over-penetrate on large deer?
I know the Barnes will most likely exit every time, but not sure about the CoreLokt.
What do you guys think outta the RUM at that velocity?

Cheers.

G'day all,
Recently picked up a Rem 700 Sendero II in 300RUM. No dies available, at least not the dies I will drop money on.
So...I have 2 options with factory ammo just so I can sight it in and have some fun before I use it as a donor.
The choices are a Barnes 180g TTSX or a Rem 200g CoreLokt.
I'm not a fan of the Barnes bullets, but may be persuaded to try them. Have used CoreLokt bullets in 300WM and 338WM way in the past and they worked well, only thing is I haven't used the 200g in 30 cal before.
Is it going to over-penetrate on large deer?
I know the Barnes will most likely exit every time, but not sure about the CoreLokt.
What do you guys think outta the RUM at that velocity?

Cheers.
Corelokt!

Thanks Feenix.
Hopefully this RUM will be more consistent than my 300 Bee is. Haven't screwed that barrel in for about 5 years.
Is the RUM inherently accurate?

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts