.300RUM 168gr vld H1000

Enjoy your 300 RUM that's the whole idea
I bought a 338 RUM don't need it here in Conn.
Liked it so much that I bought a 300 RUM too:)
Plan to head out west sometime soon
What do I shoot here in the east 30-06
All left handed
I like your style I carry a 45 too
By the way I loaded my 210 VLD with 94 gn of Retumbo

Conn is love to get a 338rum or edge! So I loaded 15 to try with 96.5gr but I seated a bullet and chambered it to get the length but it was no where near goin to fit in my mag. Anyone else have that problem? I loaded to coal.

Mine fit OK
I use the longest COL from my books now but started out a little shorter
The 300 RUM Brass sucks bought a 100 round bag
Not anything close to the 338 RUM brass I got last two times
The 300 RUM look perfect after firing through the gun:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I loaded to 3.6 do you remember what yours are? If I go any longer I think I will have feed problems.

I love my 300 rum ,someday want a 338 or rum though.Hell yea the 168 s are cool ,I've been trying to get my remington perfect for a long time now ,300 rounds and 2 years to be exact.I don't have a lit of free time so its been a work in progress. I use to soot 210 vlds with 95 few retumbo 26 inch barrel 3175 fps but my e s was somtimes 40 sometimes 150 .totally sucked.I sorted.my brass last week and out is say 80 brass ten were the same weight and held the same amount of water.loaded 10 rounds 210vlds 89.5 grs h1000.awsome awsome group .that's cool but what's real cool is my e s shrink to 18 fps ,they might be a littel slow at 2990 but Hell I think iam gona be happy with it.can't wait to load some more and strech her legs to say 800 or a 1000.

Just so you know the 168 will do more damage on that white tale than the 210. It is the speed of the bullet with it also coming apart and exploding. The 210 has better bc knock down and dose not ruin as much meat. So in a rum there is no benefits with the smaller bullets for hunting.

Just so you know the 168 will do more damage on that white tale than the 210. It is the speed of the bullet with it also coming apart and exploding. The 210 has better bc knock down and dose not ruin as much meat. So in a rum there is no benefits with the smaller bullets for hunting.

I've got 6 bulls, 7 nice mulies, and several speedgoats that will disagree with you. The 168VLD WORKS in the 300RUM !

Never said it wont work I just said there is no plus side over the bigger bullets . Did I miss something in what way is 168 better that a 200 or a 210 I would love to hear this.

In my case, accuracy (by a large margin) , less recoil , and faster/flatter

Last edited:
My 300 RUM seams to like Retumbo better than H1000
So does my 338 RUM
As I stated above shot them (VLD 210 gn) this weekend much better groups than the H1000
Shot the VLD 168gn in my 30-06 with H4350 and groups were the best so far..

Well I'm really wishing I had some 210s to try or 180s. I shot a doe two seasons ago with the 168gr at about 60yrds running. Dropped her in her tracks but she was quartering away and most of the intestines and everything else was outside the deer and jellied no biggie. But there was also no exit wound. So the next year I shot a bobcat in the wide open bush hogged lane with a 168vld thought I'll show you turkey killer..... Well I rolled him up and looked back down another lane and when I look back he's gone!!! So track him out through a horrible thicket about 50yrds to find him with a huge whole on that side with basically whole shoulder gone jellied but no exit. Soooooo I'm really concerned about this weight bullet at distances within 150yrds or explanation as to what happened? I have a box of 180 scirroccos but they are shooting about 3" left of my 168s

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.