300PRC with 215 Hybrids

Tumbleweed

Hi all.
I've got a buddy that is interested in building a 300PRC, he just wants something different. The 215 Hybrid would probably be the bullet of choice. I would like to make sure that with a 215 loaded .020"-.040" from the rifling, the cartridge will still feed good in a 3.7" mag box.
I haven't been able to find a 300PRC reamer print online anywhere, only a cartridge drawing. Otherwise I could figure it out with a little math.

Has anyone checked to see how much jump Hornady's factory ammo in 212ELD-X and 225ELD-M has to the rifling in a SAAMI chamber? Hornady lists the max cartridge length as 3.575" in their print so I would assume that's what length they load their ammo to.
If I know those numbers (bullet jump) I can do some calculations on my own and get a pretty good idea.
Thanks!
Jesse

the reamer print I seen has a lot of freebore but you should still touch about 3.680.
there wont be a lot of bearing surface left in neck to chase lands
freebore on one I seen .249
215 bearing surface .463
.463-.249= .214 in neck touching

the reamer print I seen has a lot of freebore but you should still touch about 3.680.
there wont be a lot of bearing surface left in neck to chase lands
freebore on one I seen .249
215 bearing surface .463
.463-.249= .214 in neck touching

This is very helpful. If that 3.680" figure is close, I could load the 215 .030" off and be in that 3.650" range which is perfect. Sounds like enough bearing surface too. The guy who's building it doesn't shoot much, just a hunting rifle so I'm sure throat wear won't be a big concern.

that should get you close. I fudged it .008 on the long side but it will change a little with your lot # of bergers . good luck on your friends build. I might do one after the 6.5 PRC in the works is done

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.