300PRC switch barrel idea needed!

Was kinda thinking the same as above. Do something like a 375 Ruger to create separation caliber wise. Could go a different direction and create separation with a short, light 18-20" 6.5 PRC. Staying with the same case diameter should allow good feeding with the same magazine. Short action cartridges loaded long usually work in long actions.

Was kinda thinking the same as above. Do something like a 375 Ruger to create separation caliber wise. Could go a different direction and create separation with a short, light 18-20" 6.5 PRC. Staying with the same case diameter should allow good feeding with the same magazine. Short action cartridges loaded long usually work in long actions.

I have 2 switch barrel rifles. One is a push feed model 70 Winchester with 3 barrels. One 30-06 - and a 270 Winchester and a 26-06. The other rifle is a J9 Mauser with a 24 inch 270 Winchester barrel and a 26 inch fluted 270 Winchester barrel and a 24 inch 35 Whelan barrel. I used to use the 270's on deer, antelope, bear and elk and a friend used the 35 Whelan on moose with 250 grain bullets. I hunted with the 270 and 130 grain Hornady Cup and core spire point Bullets for years.

I'm wanting to get a 300PRC switch barrel started. I would like to get another barrel with a different chamber, length, etc. to have to switch to.

The priority is simply gaining a divergent second option opposed to some ballistic goal/target capability.

Pic for attention.
I was going to go 300 prc on rem 700 la but oal is too long unless you get the 3.850 mags if they fit your gun. Went 6.5 prc in la works great no regrets

Would it be possible to do a 300PRC and a 375 H&H, using the same action (probably ARC Mausingfield) probably with a proof or ibi carbon barrel 375 , poss normal long heavy barrel for 300prc.

Would it be possible to do a 300PRC and a 375 H&H, using the same action (ARC Mausingfield) probably with a proof or ibi carbon barrel 375 , poss normal long heavy barrel for 300prc.

Would it be possible to do a 300PRC and a 375 H&H, using the same action (probably ARC Mausingfield) probably with a proof or ibi carbon barrel 375 , poss normal long heavy barrel for 300prc.
would cost less if you used a bighorn action and proof carbonfiber shoulder fit barrels or savage nut fit barrels 300 PRC and a 3755 H&H withsame action is fast

Every rifle is a switch barrel if you have a barrel vise and action wrench. Id do a 7-300 PRC and use the same sizing die just swap neck bushings.

Hoping someone here is still following this thread. I'm in Canada so what actions I can buy are limited by comparison to the USA. Want to build a 300 PRC. QUESTION: Which stock rifle/action is best for being able to fit, At minimum, factory rounds? Say the 212gr Hornady Precision Hunter. I really like Sako 85s and can get my hands on a 375 H&H. So I guess maybe my question is about magazine sizes too.