300g Scenar Length

Good

Hello gents,

Anyone know the bullet length of the 300g Lapua Scenar? I'm trying to add the info to the shooter ballistics app but can't find it anywhere!

Thx!

Hello gents,

Anyone know the bullet length of the 300g Lapua Scenar? I'm trying to add the info to the shooter ballistics app but can't find it anywhere!

Thx!

Pretty certain mine measure 1.721" HPBT Scenars are a touch longer than the OTM scenars though, so double check which ones you have*

I didn't realize there was even a difference til I found myself with 300scenar OTM's (and) 300scenar BTHP !!! ...never occurred to even "look" if the "300 scenars" I was buying were the same until it came time to measure COAL. There's a very-big difference!

Otm measures 1.711"

HPBT must have been the 1.721" that I wrote down.. there was 10 thou difference in COAL between the two, and if I recall right like a 50 thou difference in seating (when leaving the die set in one-spot) ..my OTM's like a 0.015" jump, and with the die set "there" the HPBT's were actually jammed in the lands roughly 0.050" Shot okay. But obviously not where you'd want to leave them as a finished-load!

I like the OTM 300's much better. You've got the good ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.