300 wsm

Do you think H-1000 would work in a 300WSM built on a long action? Being able to seat the bullet further out would allow for a heavier charge weight. If you had one in a long action how would you load for it?

I'm having this exact thing done with a 26" pipe, & between talking to brentc, & my smith, I'm still looking at 7828sc for the 200AB. Having a buddy run quickload whenever I can get ahold of him, but I doubt H-1000 would gain you anything with the smaller overall case capacity, even seated long...... But there's always the tamping bar method....:D

Do you think H-1000 would work in a 300WSM built on a long action? Being able to seat the bullet further out would allow for a heavier charge weight. If you had one in a long action how would you load for it?

I was just messing around with H1000 again, and was able to fit 78.4 grains with a drop tube in a fire formed case. It held 72.5 to the base of the neck. So loaded long as described earlier it would still be compressed but I think it could work. You could probably work it up to 73.0 grains and maybe 73.5 There's not much room past that.

Sounds like I'll have to experiment with 7828sc. Thanks for the replies. Any other tips for reloading a 300wsm feel free to share.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.