.300 WSM

Red Neck

I purchased a Browning carbon stalker in .300 WSM I have not yet been able to shoot it(first magnum). I was wondering what kind of accuracy I can expect from it and was wondering what the foot pounds per sq inch at 1000 yards is for it also what kind of load do you recomend I use.

Accuracy is the final product of many individual items, the rifle being only one piece of the puzzle. Speculating on accuracy without having some additional pieces of the puzzle is fairly difficult. That being said, most rifles will outperform the shooter once everything has been selected. So, whatever your average groups have been with other quality rifles would be the best indicator for this new rifle also.

MOA or better is easily obtained by most factory rifles (there are some real dogs every now and again).

Can't speculate on energy. We need bullet weight, BC, velocity and environmentals (altitude and temperature).

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.