300 WSM; RL26; 212 ELDX

Ensure you test at long range. Years ago I had a Berger 215 load that was bughole at 100. It could barely hit a 4x8 sheet of plywood at 700.
I abandoned the heavy bullet theory and went to 175's. Never looked back.
Tell me more about this long range testing. Can a load shooting 0.13" groups at 100 yds with 4.2 Sd not be good at 700?

My thought is a group that is great at 100 yards in development needs 4-5 groups of 5 shot at 100 with all shots recorded for velocity and sd to look for inconsistencies that would make 700 yd groups bad......but I'm kind of new at setting up for long range.

I'm late to the party but-- in my 24" win xpr-- initial testing only for speed--np groups yet, norma brass- 1x fired, 2811 fps, 67 gr of RL26 with 215 berger hybrid's --loaded to 3.075 coal (.010 off lands in saami chamber from win) - 1:10 twist-- so I don't think your sppeds are far off at all-- for longer throat's you could see more

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.