300 wsm powder issues

Ok so broke out all of my stuff, I can fit the suggested amount of 4831. Was my bad, I honestly don't remember now been so many years since then. Haven't done much in past 15 years as far as shooting goes. I will agree, something was WAY off. Thanks for the replies. Gonna stick with 4831 as that's what my gun shoots as well. I remember having to use a drop tube to get all the powder in the case. Now that I made myself look like an *** 🤦🤦
been there myself

Weighed a bullet to make sure scale was on, then filled case to top with 4831 and fit 71grains. Gonna load up some with 4831 just for some target shooting, wife has developed a really bad flinch without shooting in a long time. Seems as though everyone says to use RL17, might give that a shot.

just saying, I had no luck with 17 in spite of what "everyone" said.

Weighed a bullet to make sure scale was on, then filled case to top with 4831 and fit 71grains. Gonna load up some with 4831 just for some target shooting, wife has developed a really bad flinch without shooting in a long time. Seems as though everyone says to use RL17, might give that a shot.

If its not already Id be getting it braked for her!

Was kinda my thoughts as well. When we were shooting the other day, she said her scope was too far ahead and didn't have any tools to adjust it. So she was having to have her face further forward than she was really comfortable with, I think is where her flinch was coming from. I know if I put my face further forward from where it naturally lands on the stock, I expect to get whacked with the scope. Will see tomorrow, resituating basement to do some loading today so won't get out til tomorrow. I'm kinda interested in seeing how handloads shoot compared to factory ammo.

Not making sense. Haven't loaded many .300 WSM. ( I'm .300 SAUM fan. My .300 WSM is a TC Encore.) But Superformance seems to be the go to powder for the .300 WSM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.