300 wsm loads

remingtonfan

I have remington model 700 in 300 wsm with 26 inch flutted barrel, i am looking for some load data on this gun using berger, or nosler accubond any info would be greatly appreciated....thank danny.

I've had good luck with H4350 for 180gr and heavier bullets. For 165gr and lighter, Varget is very good.

I use CCI BR2 primers for the 300WSM.

AJ

I have started working up loads for my 300WSM using 190 VLD's and the 185 Match Bergers. I have not yet settled on the best load but I am having some luck using N165 and IMR-7828 powders and either of these two bullets. With 69.0 grains on N165 in Norma cases and WLRM primers I am getting just short of 2900 ft/sec. with the 190 VLD's. With IMR-7828 I am getting just over 2900 ft/sec (2905) using Norma cases and WLRM primers, and 68.0 grains. As stated I have not settled on the load yet, so if you want to try these loads work up to them. With a stock Model 70 Winchester I am getting .5 inch three shot groups at 100 yards.

I've had good luck with:
69.0grs of Reloader-22
Win. Brass
Win. large rifle magnum primers
With any 165gr bullet I've tried.

My Rem. 700 CDL has a very short throat,so I have to be extra careful loading for this rifle.I take a case that has been fired in the rifle,dent the neck just enough to hold the bullet,chamber the round with the bullet seated long so it will contact the lands and slide in for the max length touching the lands.I usually set my die to seat the bullet around 20 thousands shorter than that length.With 165gr Hornady Interbonds my COAL is 2.868.With a 165gr Hornady SP it's 2.815.So you can see the COAL is quite different with different bullet shapes.This is why I find the lands and seat in 20 thousands from there to start my loading.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.