300 WSM loads

sniperjwt

Well i am getting ready to start my journey of reloading my new to me 300wsm that i got the other week. I would like some input on some loads that you guys use with success. I was planning on useing the 155g Bergers because i will be useing it mainly for deer and the range will more than likely stay under 600 yards. I am a bit of a speed freak so thats one of the reasons i am thinking about the 155g bullets. I compared out to 600 yards with a 190g going 2900fps and the ballistics is about the same so i figured i dont really need a 190g bullet for deer and the 155 will go much faster.:D now keep in mind i will not trade speed for accuracy but i do want to get the fastest i can get out of a load and still be accurate. Thanks for any info you can give me. Oh i have also read that RL 17 works really good in the WSMs anybody out there try this in theres. Right now the powders i have to work with is RL 17 RL22 RL25 Retumbo IMR 7828 H4350 H414 and a couple more i cant recall right now:rolleyes:
Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts