300 WSM Loads (Rookie Alert)

I have to disagree the WSM does not shoot heavier bullets well. A lot depends on whether or not you are shooting a long or short action and how deep you seat the bullets, etc. I got 2935 fps with 210 Bergers and RL17 in my 300 WSM.

Hope that helps

Same here. Using RL19 and 200 ABs. Accuracy is under MOA at 200 yards and the muzzle velocity is just a touch over 2900. RL22 didn't work real well for me in the 300 WSM.

Rl17 and 19 seem just about perfect in the 300. I tend to favor RL19 but 17 is a good one.

Yes, they may be dangerous.
I know every gun is different, but Right out of the boxm I was shooting sub MOA with RL22 and 168 gr sierra's.
I'm now working up loads for it with Barnes bullets. We'll see how they do.

Oops, I goofed. RL19 not RL22.

i use 168 NB tips with 66 gr. RL17. Getting 3195 FPS according to G7 Ballistic calculator program after i did the drop verification at 800 yds. My primers are a little flat but my bolt is lifting easily and i know my headspacing is 4 thou longer. so as far as im considered everything is good. On Alliant web site it listed 68 gr as max with the 165 so i started at 62 and worked my way up to 66 which was the most accurate. i haven't gone higher because im getting 1/2 MOA with this load.

I have been using 66.5 great of RL17 behind 168gr TTSXs 3140 out of my A7. Sub moa and single digit es. Recently tried Superformance with the same bullet. Not much difference in speed. Had a box of 168 gr TSX so gave them a try with the Superformance. To my surprise they went 3200 fps. With the TTSX having a better bc, performance to 500 yds is virtually the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.