300 wsm berger bullet 180 elite vs 168 vld velocity

Brad615

Hello All,
Looking for any info/experience you may have with berger bullets 30 cal 180 elite vs 168 vld velocities out of a 26' barrel? Has anyone ran these through a chrony, & if so what were your velocity results? I've read on several forums & in manuals that there putting out very similar speeds? I've also read that there is as much as 100-200 difference in speed? (I realize this depends on your rifle set up) Also what is your furthest deer/elk kill with either round? I've read that some guys claim these rounds can humanly kill deer out to 1000 yds & elk out to 800 yds? I doubt I will ever take a shot at those ranges but more curios than anything? When I input the numbers into ballistic calculators it doesn't appear to have the kinetic energy @ 1000 yds to expire the animal humanly with either round? I've always read that you need roughly a 1000 lbs of kinetic energy to humanly expire a whitetail. Any help/advice & or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hand loads.
168gr 3271 maxed
185gr 3157 maxed
200gr 2932 maxed
All H4350. These are velocities just before I hit pressure. So these are hot loads