300 WSM 210 Berger VLD-H

varmintH8R

I have a M70 Coyote in 300WSM that I bought about 12 years ago - when I literally knew nothing about rifles (literally). Nothing. I shot it recreationally. I am too embarrassed to tell you the criteria I used to choose it.

Well, as my interest in LR shooting developed and I started reloading, I decided to see if I could make something out of this "accidental" rifle. I did my first pillar bedding job (turned out good), added a trigger, and had a brake installed. Fiddling around with some basic loads, it is a legit MOA rifle at 200 - but nothing more.

I have a NF going on it as soon as my rings arrive (the dreaded SWFA backorder), but in the meantime I did a few max-load work-ups to see what I could get for velocity with various powders. The barrel is 24" factory, all loads are with 210 Berger VLD-H's, and measurements are after foulers with a Magnetospeed V2. I chose loads based on "similar" bullet published data - I don't necessarily endorse them as safe but I thought I would post them for sake of comparison.

Attachments

• H4350.png
    H4350.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 267
  • H4831SC.png
    H4831SC.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMR7828.png
    IMR7828.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 205
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.